Thailand is now officially welcoming fully-vaccinated foreign visitors, including returning Thais and foreign residents, from the approved countries/territories to enter the Kingdom by air with no quarantine requirements as the government has eased restrictions. Any travelers who wish to enter Thailand must register and apply for a Thailand Pass and complete the application before proceeding to the next steps.
What is Thailand Pass?
The Thailand Pass is an online-based QR code generating system. Upon completion of the application, travelers will receive a QR code that will be used to enter Thailand.
What are the requirements for the Test and Go Program?
- Travelers must travel by air from the eligible destinations (list shown below) where travelers must have stayed for 21 days or more
- Returning Thais and foreign residents, who previously traveled from Thailand, are exempt from this requirement.
- Travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before traveling
- Travelers must obtain a negative COVID-19 test result (RT-PCR) prior 72 hours before traveling
- Travelers who were previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
- Travelers under 12 years of age, traveling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
List of Required Documents
- Thai visa (if required)
- A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
- A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before traveling (all travelers).
- A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
- An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
How the Process Works
- Register on Thailand Pass Registration System
- Fill out the application
- Upload the required document (along with the valid visa/re-entry permit, if required), and allow 3-5 working days for the approval process. Wait for the approval of the Vaccine Certification and paid accommodation, including the RT-PCR test.
- Confirm the approval, and receive a Thailand Pass QR Code (or COE).
- Present the Thailand Pass QR Code (or COE) to the Health Control to carry out checks, then proceed through the Immigration procedures.
- Undergo the RT-PCR COVID-19 test at the reserved accommodation or the pre-arranged test center. (Children aged under 6 years have a saliva test.)
- Proceed to the hotel by the pre-arranged airport transfer. (Distance from the airport within 2 hours.)
- Download and install the “MorChana” application
During Your Stay
- Wait for the test result at the pre-booked SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation for the RT-PCR arrival test for 1 night
- If testing negative for COVID-19, you will receive an Antigen Test Kit (ATK) for COVID-19 self-testing on Day 6-7.
- The "MorChana" application will notify travelers for self-testing on days 6 - 7 and travelers must log the result in the application
After completing the process without testing positive, travelers can now travel freely across Thailand. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, travelers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by each local officials.
What if you are not fully vaccinated or flying from the eligible countries/territories, Can I still enter Thailand?
Yes, you can. Travelers who have not been fully vaccinated and/or from the unapproved countries/territories will have to go through one of the following schemes
- The Sandbox Program: Travelers who are fully vaccinated but not traveling from approved countries/territories must go through the Sandbox program where travelers will be quarantined at the designated Sandbox areas across Thailand for the first 7 days.
- The Alternative Quarantine Program: Travelers who are not fully vaccinated must go through the Alternative Quarantine program where visitors will be quarantined at the Alternative Quarantine hotel for the first 10 days.
List of 63 Eligible Countries/Territories
- Brunei Darussalam
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- Sri Lanka
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- United States
- Hong Kong