What is the Sandbox Program?
The Sandbox program is a quarantine protocol designed for foreign travelers who wish to enter Thailand but does not qualify for the Test and Go Program.
What are the requirements for the Sandbox Program?
- Travelers must travel by air from any country around the world.
- Travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 no less than 14 days before traveling
- Travelers who were previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
- Travelers under 18 years of age, traveling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- Travelers must stay the first 7 nights within one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations (see below) if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand.
List of Required Documents
- Thai visa (if required)
- A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
- A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and issued no more than 72 hours before traveling (all travelers).
- A confirmed payment for a 7-night stay at SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test and Antigen Self-test Kit
- An insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000.
How does the process work?
- Register on Thailand Pass Registration System
- Fill out the application
- Upload the required document (along with the valid visa/re-entry permit, if required), and allow 3-5 working days for the approval process. Wait for the approval of the Vaccine Certification and paid accommodation, including the RT-PCR test.
- Confirm the approval, and receive a Thailand Pass QR Code (or COE).
- Present the Thailand Pass QR Code (or COE) to the Health Control to carry out checks, then proceed through the Immigration procedures.
- Undergo the RT-PCR COVID-19 test at the reserved accommodation or the pre-arranged test center. (Children aged under 6 years have a saliva test.)
- Proceed to the hotel by the pre-arranged airport transfer. (Distance from the airport within 5 hours.)
- Download and install the “MorChana” application
During Your Stay
- Travelers must stay at least the first 7 nights within one of the SHA+, AQ, OQ, or AHQ accommodations in the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations if planning to continue the journey to other destinations in Thailand
- The "MorChana" application will notify travelers for self-testing on days 6 - 7 and travelers must log the result in the application
After travelers have completed the 7-night stay in one of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox destinations, travelers can now roam freely across Thailand or leave the country. However, due to the current COVID-19 situation, travelers are advised to follow the guidelines and measures announced by each local officials.
List of the 17 Blue Zone Sandbox Destinations
- Chonburi (Banglamung, Pattaya, Si Racha, Koh Si Chang, and Sattahip)
- Chiang Mai (Mueang, Doi Tao, Mae Rim, and Mae Taeng)
- Trat (Koh Chang)
- Buri Ram (Mueang)
- Prachuap Khiri Khan (Hua Hin and Nong Kae)
- Phetchaburi (Cha-Am)
- Ranong (Koh Phayam)
- Rayong (Koh Samet)
- Loei (Chiang Khan)
- Samut Prakan (Suvarnabhumi Airport)
- Surat Thani (Koh Samui, Koh Pha-ngan, and Koh Tao)
- Nong Khai (Mueang, Sangkhom, Si Chiang Mai, and Tha Bo)
- Udon Thani (Mueang, Ban Dung, Kumphawapi, Na Yung, Nong Han, and Prachaksinlapakhom)